My media bio touts Mary Angela Miller, MS, RD, LD, FADA as an award winning food service professional with over 25 years of industry experience. This is true. I’ve worked at two of the top academic medical centers in the country. I’ve overseen preparation and service of over 3000 nutritious meals each day… all safely. My friends often call me by my initials, MAM.
Dietitians are known for translating nutrition science into reliable, useful information and practices.
This dietitian is expressing her passion for Food safety. I’m taking the skills acquired as a certified food safety expert, tested by passing countless detailed regulatory inspections and put into practice by serving millions of meals without a food related incident and applied them in creating KeepSafe Food, for your personal food safety.
KeepSafe Food products integrate the tips and the tools so that what you need to know is right in front of you, when and where you need to know it. And this blog complements that purpose by linking to what is going on in the food safety landscape and make it relevant to your individual health needs.
What do all the initials mean? I include them only to validate my credibility.
Here’s a key:
- BS: Bachelor of Science Youngstown State University
- MS: Master of Science Case Western Reserve University
- RD: Registered Dietitian & Member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- LD: Licensed Dietitian in the State of Ohio
- FADA: Charter Fellow of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
Loves, other than food? Literature, the Outdoors and Travel
Books & Reading: always 3 going at a time:
- Reading: usually still in paper form , the best in contemporary fiction.
- Listening: while walking: to mystery themed audio books, an hour each day. The suspense motivates to take the next step
- Nonfiction: usually science or history, on a subject that intrigues me that I want to tackle in short spurts
Ask me about my favorite books and authors… I have long lists of both.
Tell me about your favorite journeys:
- My most beautiful was to Alaska
- My most memorable was to Egypt
- My next is to … Phoenix, for a conference & to visit my Air Force daughter.
Pretty much all my other family is here in Ohio, or close enough to visit on a weekend road trip